Is there any tax deduction for my withdrawals or gains in the U.S. markets?

There is no Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) for your stock market gains in the U.S. So when you make money and send it back to your Indian bank account, the broker in the U.S. does not deduct any tax on it. You will have to pay Short-term Capital Gains Tax or Long-term Capital Gains Tax in India, whichever is applicable. Short-term Capital Gains apply if security is held for less than 24 months. 25% TDS applies only to your dividend and interest earnings for Indian residents as per the dual tax treaty between India and the USA. This is when stocks in your portfolio give out dividends to their investors. U.S. and India have a Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA). Which means that you pay tax only once. For the TDS on your dividend earnings, you will fill a W-8BEN form. Annually, Interactive Brokers will issue a 1042-S to you which can be used to file taxes in India. It will show that you have already paid taxes on this income. For any further queries and help in understanding taxation, please feel free to raise a query and we will get back to you with an expert opinion.