- Trade Now
- About Us
+ Expand AllNRI Basics
Q Who is NRI?A
'Non-Resident Indian (NRI)' means a person resident outside India who is a citizen of India or is a person of Indian origin
Categories of NRIs:
A person who has gone out of India or who stays outside India, in either case-
- For or on taking up employment outside India,
- For carrying on outside India a business or vocation outside India,
- For any other purpose, in such circumstances as would indicate his intention to stay outside India for an uncertain period
Q Who are PIOs?A
A citizen of any country (other than a citizen of Bangladesh or Pakistan) is deemed to be a Person Of Indian Origin (PIO), if,
- He, at any time, held an Indian passport,
- He or either of his parents or any of his grand parents was a citizen of India by virtue of the Constitution of India or Citizenship Act, 1955,
- A spouse (not being a citizen of Bangladesh or Pakistan or Sri Lanka) of an Indian citizen or of a person of Indian origin is also deemed to be PIO.
Q Who are OCIs?A
The Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) Scheme was introduced by amending the Citizenship Act, 1955 in August 2005. The Scheme provides for registration as Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) of all Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) who were citizens of India on 26th January, 1950 or there after or were eligible to become citizens of India on 26th January, 1950 except who is or had been a citizen of Pakistan, Bangladesh or such other country as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify.
Why Demat Account?
- Mandatory by SEBI
- Easy Portfolio Management
- Security of Equity Investments.
Learn about various investment opportunities for NRIs