- Trade Now
- About Us
After Market Orders (AMO)
Stock market opens at 9.15 am on weekdays and closes at 3.30 pm. For many of you, stock market trading or investing may not be a primary profession and you could be busy. Yet, you do not want to miss an opportunity if presented.
Kotak Securities offers you the After Market Order (AMO) feature, which helps you to place an order beyond the regular trading hours. This facility is provided to all customers who have online trading accounts.
Why After Market order?
- No stock market timing
- Easy to operate
- Sufficient time for research
Learn how to get regular income through investing
Benefits of AMO
- AMO is for those customers who are busy during market hours but wish to participate.
- In post market hours trading, one need not actively track the price movements of a stock during market hours. You can plan your orders at leisure after doing research before the market opens the next trading day.
- Your presence is not needed at the exchange to execute the order.
How does it work
- Using the After Markets Orders facility is very simple. All you need to do is log into your Kotak Securities trading account, and choose the AMO option. You can then place your order.
- This facility is available in the time slots mentioned below:
- 4.15 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
- 10.30 p.m. to 7.30 a.m.
- 8.30 a.m. to 9.00 a.m.
- When you place an AMO, you have to consider the closing price. However, you have the flexibility of choosing a price which is 5% more or less than the closing price. For example, if the price of a stock you are buying is Rs. 100 at the end of the day, you have the option of choosing a price in the range of Rs. 95 and 105.
- Using the previous example, if it is a buy order and is placed at +/-5% and the share price opens at Rs. 105 on Tuesday, your order is executed at Rs. 105.
- After Market Orders can also be placed through the Call & Trade facility. Using this service, you can call our customer care executives, who will then place the order on your behalf. Simply call the toll free number 30305757 between 4.15 pm and 6.00 pm in the evening or 8.30 am and 9.00 am in the morning.
+ Expand AllFrequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q Can I place the order at market price?A No. You can place the order only with a +5% or -5% range of the closing price of the stock at the end of the day.
Q What do I need to be cautious about?A It is advisable to place a ‘limit order’ at a price range that is closer to the previous day's closing price instead of a market order. This means, you are shielding yourself from buying at a price too high or selling at a price too low. This helps you avoid the possibility of getting a freak rate, because market orders are executed at the best possible counter rate.
Q How does it work?A All AMO’s will be placed in the market in the order of the price bands. For instance, the market orders will be placed first and then all other orders are lined on the basis of the price band in ascending order.
Q Which are the exchanges where I can place AMOs?A You can place AMOs in the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and the National Stock Exchange (NSE).
Have more questions? Click here to find answers.