- Trade Now
- About Us
Foreign Portfolio investor
Foreign investments play a crucial role in the Indian domestic markets. To encourage and facilitate foreign investment in Indian markets, SEBI has introduced FPI or Foreign portfolio Investors. Under this route, existing classes of investors namely FII and their sub accounts, FPI (Qualified Foreign investors) have been merged into a new class – Foreign Portfolio Investor.
Who is a Foreign Portfolio Investor?
- a person who is not resident in India and is resident of a country whose securities market regulator is a signatory to International Organization of Securities Commission’s Multilateral Memorandum of Understanding (Appendix A Signatories) or a signatory to bilateral Memorandum of Understanding with the Board;
- Applicant being a bank, is a resident of a country whose central bank is a member of Bank for International Settlements
How to open an Account?
As a one-time requirement, you (as a FPI) are required:
- To open a depository account with designated depository Participant
- To open a trading account with a Kotak Securities Ltd. (SEBI Registered Stock Broker)
- To open a single non-interest bearing Rupee account with Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (an Authorized Dealer Category - I Bank in India) for providing banking services, subject to terms & conditions specified under FEMA (Foreign Exchange Management Act), 1999 from time to time. Kotak Securities Ltd. will manage this single non-interest bearing Rupee account for all investments made by the FPI in India.
- To acquire a tax registration number (i.e. Permanent Account Number (PAN)) for Income Tax purposes from the Revenue Authorities in India.
- To Comply with Indian KYC and Anti-Money Laundering legislations:
- To provide a designated bank account outside India through which you would invest into Indian Capital Market. This bank account must be in a FATF compliant country which is also a signatory to the IOSCO convention.
- Disciplined approach towards investing
- Avoid wrong investment timing
- Power of compounding
Read on to know why you should invest
Why invest through Kotak?
Market Leader with Rich Experience in India and Abroad
Kotak Securities is one of India’s leading stock broking house with a large market share and over 14 lakh customer accounts. Kotak Securities is well entrenched in the Indian market. We have Rs. 373 crores worth of Assets Under Management (AUM) as on 31st March, 2014, over 4 lakh trades per day and 1157 branches, franchisees and satellite offices. This is a true testimony to the faith that NRIs and international investors have shown in Kotak Securities.
At Kotak Securities, we believe that knowledge is power. We equip our clients with every kind of information that they may need to make the best investment decisions. To this end, we have a dedicated research division manned by expert analysts, who track every market move with a hawk’s eye. Our research division publishes daily, weekly, fortnightly and monthly reports that cover individual stocks, sectoral studies, macro and micro economic research, market trends and patterns and so much more. We make an in-depth tracking of over 120 companies, analyze 13 industry sectors and also keep a watch on more than 150 other companies, to ensure that we bring you the complete picture on a minute to minute basis.
Dedicated Advisory Desk
We have a team of dedicated advisors with expertise and experience in Stock Market investments covering financial instruments like Equity shares, Derivatives, Bonds, IPOs, Mutual Funds and Non-Convertible Debentures. Each advisor is an expert in providing a personalized and consultative approach towards your approach.