- Trade Now
- About Us
Usually, companies sell a portion of their ownership to the public in exchange for money. Investors purchase a share of the ownership by buying shares of the company. They then become a shareholder. Company stocks are called equities.
Equities are traded on the stock market. These could be in the primary or secondary market. In the primary market, companies get listed through an Initial Public Offering. Thus, new securities are available in the primary market. In the secondary market, investors buy or sell securities, which have already been issued. Currently, more than 1300 securities are available for equity trading on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and over 6000 on Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
How to trade in equities?
Equity trading is very simple. All you need to do is purchase shares of a company. To do so, you need a demat and an equity trading account. You will then have to link this trading account to your savings bank account to transfer money easily for the purchase of equities.
- Best long term returns
- Beat inflation
- Tax benefits
Read about the art of investing in equity
Why invest in equities
Simple saving money and keeping it aside does not help too.
Here’s why you should invest in the stock market:
- Beat inflation: People invest to beat inflation – the increase in prices of everyday goods and services. Because of inflation, you have to keep paying extra amounts of money to purchase the same quantity of goods. As a result, you feel the need to save more to meet future expenses. Hence, you invest. This increases the value of your money through timely returns. Equity trading is one of the best ways to beat inflation.
- Better than cash: Equity trading is one of the riskiest investments. As a result, many people are afraid of stock market investments. They fear that a fall in stock market might jeopardize their financial security. However, there is an element of risk in all investments. Simply holding cash in bank accounts or keeping money aside in lockers may be considered very safe, but its low returns do not help beat inflation. Equity scores over cash as an effective long-term investment.
Best long-term returns: Equity investments can provide excellent long-term returns, illustrated by the chart below
What does Kotak Securities offer?
Volatility is the reality of the stock market. However, the key to a successful stock market investment is in increasing the returns you get over long-term, and avoid the day-to-day fluctuations. It also helps to have a disciplined and informed approach. You will always be in control of your money.
Here are some of the services offered by Kotak Securities:
- Instruments available to trade: Kotak Securities allows you to trade in shares – equity as well as preferred shares, debentures – partly-, fully-, and non-convertible debentures, warrants, coupons and bonds. You can also trade in mutual funds and exchange-traded funds.
- Ease of trade: At Kotak Securities, we cater to the needs of both investors as well as day-to-day traders. An investor puts his money in the stock market for long-term returns. The underlying principle is that the value of the investment will increase in the long-term irrespective of short-term volatility. A trader, in contrast, plays on the fluctuations in the stock market. As a result, they need to monitor their portfolios more regularly. Depending on your profile, we offer different kinds of value-added services and brokerage plans for both online as well as offline equity trading. To know about our online trading services, click here.
- Investor education: If you are a new investor, worry not. We help you understand the basics of the stock market and its workings. Click here to visit our education section to learn more about equity trading.
- Research: Kotak Securities always strives to keep you informed of all the stock market events to help you make an informed decision. Our dedicated team of market experts regularly analyses the trends of the stock market across sectors and industries, and publishes comprehensive reports. This is aimed to help you make better decisions.
- Portfolio Management: At Kotak Securities, we value your time. We understand that caught up in the daily grind, it is difficult to set time aside to invest in the stock market. We, thus, help you manage your portfolio. To learn more about assisted investing services, click here.
Have more questions? Click here to find answers.