1986 - The Company was Incorporated on 19th December as a private
limited company and was changed into a public limited company
on 29th April 1987.
- The Company was incorporated in the name of Motherson Auto Pvt.
Ltd. (MAPL) and was promoted by K.L. Sehgal and V.C. Sehgal in
the year 1983.
- The Company's objects is to manufacture integrated wiring
harnesses wires, high tension cords and components for integrated
wiring harnesses including plastic and metal parts.
1987 - The Company acquired Noida Steel Fabricators Ltd. and commenced
manufacture of plastic and steel components used in the
integrated wiring harness. The company's unit for automotive and
electric industry is situated at NOIDA, district Ghaziabad, U.P.
1994 - 3,75,000 No. of equity shares and 6,00,000 shares allotted to
foreign promoters Nissho Iwai Corporation Japan (NIC) and
Sumitomo Wiring Systems Ltd., Japan (SWS) respectively. 15,25,000
No. of equity shares allotted to Indian promoters. 33,00,000 No.
of equity shares were issued at a prem. of Rs.15 per share during
March 1993 as follows:
- (i) 9,62,500 shares to Indian promoters
- (ii) 1,50,000 shares to relatives, associates of Indian promoters
- (iii) 3,00,000 No. of equity shares to SWS Ltd. Japan.
- (iv) 3,00,000 shares to Asian Finance and Investment Corporation
Ltd. (AFIC) Singapore.
- (v) 2,40,000 shares to ICICI. Balance 11,60,000 No. of equity
shares to public.
- The Company bagged the Best Display Award at the Auto Expo
Exhibition held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from December 7-15,
1993 with participation by reputed Indian and Overseas
manufacturers of vehicles and other Automobile ancillaries.
- Company proposes to install more efficient machines for increase
in productivity which will reduce consumption of energy.
1995 - The company undertook to expand its facility for integrated
wiring harness for Maruti YE-2 car to 13,00,000 nos p.a. Also,
with a view to diversification, the company proposed to
manufacture high tension cord exclusively for Maruti with an
installed capacity of 1,70,000 sets p.a.
- The company undertook to set up a backward integration project
for manufacture of AVSS wire to be used in the integrated wiring
harness of Maruti's new export car YE-2.
- During October, the company in collaboration with Kromberg and
Schubert AG, Germany set up Kromberg Schubert Motherson Sumi
Systems Pvt. Ltd. for manufacture of integrated wiring harnesses
to be supplied to Mercedes Berz-Telco joint venture & BMW-Hero
Motors joint venture for 650 cc motor cycles.
- Britax Motherson Pvt. Ltd. was incorporated in December, in
technical and financial collaboration with Britax International
UK for manufacture of Auto Mirrors.
- During December 1995 - January 1996, the company issued 11,60,000
rights equity shares (prem. Rs.80; Prop. 1:5) of these 320 shares
were kept in abeyance.
- The Company had been awarded the ISO 9001 during December.
- The Company has received "Best Vendor Award" in the category of
"Electricals" from Maruti Udyog Limited for the financial year
- The Company has collaboration with world's leading Japanese
company, Sumitomo Wiring Systems Limited, due to which it has
latest and most modern equipments from Japan.
- The Company has adopted world famous Japanese work system with
its workers trained by Japanese experts in Japan and some
Japanese experts stationed in India.
- The Company has adopted latest Human Resource Management
Techniques which are being used for continuous motivation and
training of the employees and the workers, to ensure that the
standards are constantly met and continuously improved further.
1996 - The company implemented a plan for the enhancement of
manufacturing capacity and also incorporated the upgradation of
plant and machinery. The company made elaborate plans to further
augment manufacturing capacity and replace old machinery with
technologically superior and more efficient machinery.
- The company entered into an agreement with SWS Japan for
manufacture of integrated wiring harness for Maruti's new car.
A separate MOU was entered into with SWS for acquiring technical
knowhow for high tension cord and AVSS.
- In January, Motherson Sirio Antifurto Devices Pvt. Ltd. was
incorporated with Antifurto Sirio 777 Srl, Italy for manufacture
of Anti Theft Devices for automobiles.
- The Company proposed to enter a joint venture agreement with BTR
corporation of Australian and Sumi Motherson Innovative
Engineering Pvt. Ltd. with equity participation of 30%, 60% and
10% respectively under the name of BTR Motherson Automotive Pvt.
Ltd. for manufacturing of blow moulded Automotive components.
- The company proposed to enter another joint venture under the
name of `Kyungshin Industrial Motherson Pvt. Ltd. in technical
and financial collaboration with Kyungshin Industrial Co. Ltd.
Japan with 50-50 equity participation for manufacturing wiring
harnesses at Chennai for Hyundai project.
1997 - The Company has been selected as a supplier of Integrated Wiring
Harness for the Honda Siel project due for commercial production
- The Company is proposing new joint ventures to cash in on the
opportunities in the market and to maintain its leadership.
- The Company is proposing a joint venture with BTR Corporation of
Australia for manufacturing of Blow Moulded Automotive Components
and for this purpose a new Company is being promoted under the
name of BTR Motherson Automotive Private Limited.
- Motherson Auto Components Engineering Limited, Motherson Pudenz
Fuses Limited and Motherson Global Pte Ltd., Singapore, a wholly
owned subsidiary of Motherson Auto Components Engineering Limited
has become Company's subsidiary under Section 4(1)(c) of the
Companies Act, 1956.
1998 - Motherson Sumi Systems of India has formed a joint venture with
Antifurto Sirio 777 Srl. of Italy, named Motherson Sirio
Antifurto Devices. Under the terms of the venture, both
companies will have a 50:50 equity participation in the new
- The Company has set up plants for manufacture of Blow Moulded
Auto Components and Door Panels. The Company is setting up,
its third plant at Chennai.
- BR Motherson Automotive Private Limited, a Joint Venture between
BTR Plc of U.K. and your Company has set up plants for
manufacture of Blow Moulded Auto Components and Door Panels. The
Company is setting up, its third plant at Chennai.
1999 - MSSL was a monopoly manufacturer of integrated wire harness (a
crucial link that integrates all the components of a vehicle)
in India until Delphi Auto Systems Ltd entered the fray.
- MSSL is a major supplier of integrated wire harness to auto
majors like Maruti Udyog Ltd, with a supply of over 50 per cent
of its output, Telco and caters to all segments of the automobile
- The Company has received QS 9000 Certification from BVQI for its
Noida Units during the year 97-98 for the manufacture of wire
- The Company was also awarded the Honda Siel Best Quality Supplier
for the year 1998-99 and has been consistently rated as Maruti's
best Supplier for its electrical category for the last few years.
- During the year, the Company's Commercial Paper Program of Rs.
50 million was rated by ICRA. The Company got the highest rating
of `A1 +' which indicates highest safety.
- State of Art facilities are being setup at Bangalore for
manufacture of wiring harness for Customers in the Southern
- The company is developing wiring harness for new models proposed
to be launched by our existing customers at the same time
increasing market share with the existing customers.
- The company intends to enter into an agreement with National
Securities Depository Limited for the dematerialisation of its
Equity shares in accordance with the provisions of the Depository
- The name of the company has been changed to MSSL Pune Limited
- The Company has set up facilities at Chennai mainly to cater to
the requirement of Ford India and Hyundai Motors.
2000 - The Directors has approved the merger of Motherson Auto
Components Engineering Ltd., the company's wholly owned
subsidiary with the company.
- The Board has declared a bonus issue in the proportion of one
share for every two shares held subject to the approval of the
shareholders in the AGM.
- ICRA Ltd has reaffirmed the `A1+ rating assigned to the Rs.10 crore
Commercial Paper (CP) programme of Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd.
indicating highest safety.
-Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd informs the exchange that Nissho Iwai Corporation
nomiates Mr Hiroto Murai as Director of the company and Mr.Masahiro Matsushita
as Alternate Director to him.
-Sumitomo Wiring Systems nominates Mr.Toshimi Shirakawa as the Director of the company.
-The shareholders approved delisting of the company's shares from the Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd & The Stock Exchange, Ahmedabad.
-Motherson unit sign agreement with German firm for auto roofing systems
-The Japan-based Miyazu Seisakusho Company Ltd, one of the largest car body die manufacturers in the world, has formed a joint venture company with the Delhi-based Sumi Motherson group for design, sale and eventual manufacture of car body dies in India
-German co join hands with Sumi Motherson to float new JV
-Japan auto co ties up with Sumi Motherson group
-Motherson Sumi enters into agreement with Lisa Draeximaier
-Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd has informed that the Company has signed an agreement with Insolvency Administrator to acquire a running plastics injection molding company, G+S Kunststofftechnik Gmbh (G+S) located near Stuttgart in Germany
-Motherson Sumi Systems has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:2
-Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd. had informed that the shareholders of the Company have approved the amalgamation of Draexlmaier & Motherson Electrical Systems India Limited, a 100% subsidiary of the Company with the Company in the meeting convened on September 10, 2005
-Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd has informed that the Company and Balda AG (Balda) have agreed to set up a joint venture (JV) for development of precision moulds, design and manufacture of parts for mobile phones including accessories and appliances for mobile phones at Chennai.
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:2.
-Motherson Sumi enters into Joint Venture with Calsonic Kansei
-Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd has appointed Mr. Toshihiro Watanabe as Whole Time Director of the Company in place of Mr. Akihiko Yamauchi w.e.f. June 02, 2008.
-Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd.- "Shifted the Registered Office of the Company from 43, Community Centre, 3rd Floor, Bhageria House, New Friends Colony, New Delhi - 110025 to the following address w.e.f. 14th January, 2009: New Address :- 2nd Floor, F-7, Block B-1, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate, Mathura Road, New Delhi - 110044".
-The Company at its meeting held on August 09, 2012, have also recommended the issue of Bonus Shares in the ratio of 1:2 (1 share for 2 shares held) subject to the approval of the shareholders in the ensuing Annual Genera! Meeting schedule.
-Mr. Sushil Chandra Tripathi, IAS (Retd.), Mr. Satya Pal Talwar,Mr. Gautam Mukherjee has appointed Independent Directors of the Company.
-Motherson Sumi Systems has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:2